Friday, October 19, 2007

My neighbors are GREAT!

I'm just kidding, I wouldn't know, I've barely met any. Honestly, I've talked more to Jesús, the guy that cuts the grass across the street, than I have almost ALL my neighbors. There's always exceptions, the neighbor facing our backyard came over last night and tried to sell me on some travel agency pyramid/multi-level marketing crap. That killed 20 minutes.

It's made me start to wonder, is this normal? You know how you have some friends that always want to kiss on the cheek and it's just not you and feels awkward? The guy that always, ALWAYS shakes your hand? Maybe it's the thing here, maybe everyone around us is wondering why WE haven't come over, had an open house, whipped out the Welcome Mat. We must be cold-clammy-keep-to-ourselves weirdoes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I do think you came from an abnormal situation in that you came from an extremely tight-knit neighborhood where you all were friends and I don't think that is the norm. So you've sort of gone from one extreme to the other. We don't really know any of our neighbors after almost 3 years, everyone pretty much keeps to themselves but that's how we like it.

Toddy said...

That is very true, and when we moved there it was NOT so much so, a lot of it was instigated by us.

Anonymous said...

The real world is overrated. Live in the virtual community where you have lots of friends.