Friday, June 19, 2009

Rock & Roll Wall man....

Just while THINKING about putting this blog up for Mitch to see pics, I thought of ALL of these damn yard projects that just start to overwhelm me. On the plate:

  1. Raised berm area around some pre-existing trees, using rock as a border (see three pictures below). These are all rocks from my yard, the biggest that I can move is about the size of a basketball. HEAVY!
  2. Turning the current cinder block pepper garden (CLICK HERE) in to a much larger tomato and pepper garden area surrounded by Pavestones and getting rid of most the block. Maybe this weekend?
  3. In the background you can see the huge boxes for the gazebo.
  4. Before I do that, I need to make a patio to set it on.
  5. Not really a separate project, but making a flagstone pathway from the old patio to the the gazebo.
  6. In a fantasy world, all around the new patio would be curbing, sprinkler system and grass.
  7. The dogs are getting their own small patio that will be under the faucet (to cool it) made out of a stack of square fabricated pavers. Should be a nice little area for them, if they use it!
  8. Off the gazebo I want to build an arbor like area and use the brick I brought from Kansas for a new patio area there, and remove the flat cinder blocks that are in front of the door of the shed.
  9. The dry creek beds have near filled in with silt from all the rain washout we've gotten. Needs upgraded and repaired!
  10. In the again fantasy world, horseshoe pit, waters/fountain features, and a flat sitting area up on the hill.
See what I mean? I'm sure I forgot 10 things too!






1 comment:

Pablo said...

That soil makes it look like you're on the surface of the moon! It's hard to believe you can get anything to grow.