Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Eye problems, I guess I'm getting old

Man the past year has been rough on my eyes. About a year ago I started wearing glasses again, the first time in 15 years or so since I had LASIK surgery. I mainly wear them when driving, but as this year has gone on, I find myself wanting them more and more. I love the climate here for the most part, cool in the morning's and dry, but apparently the dryness can cause the pores in your eyelids to clog up and this morning, for about the 5th time since I moved here, I've awaken to puffed up and sore eyelids, due to a condition called chalazion, internal hordeolum or just a common eye stye. They hurt! Feels like a zit you can't pop. Fun!

And take a look at the monster below. Thankfully, it didn't hurt. Woke up to this awhile ago, after noticing a tiny little red mark next to my pupil that lasted a few days. This has happened twice, once after blowing my nose too hard! This attractive condition is known as a subconjunctival hemorrhage (thanks Internet!)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE..

Put Tracy back on...

Anonymous said...

Did T pop you one? Do you need an intervention?