Friday, December 14, 2007

It's happened. Call the media

At exactly 150 days, 8 hours and 12 minutes, it happened. The doorbell rang. It was not UPS. It was not FedEx. Too late for mail-lady. It was not the gutter salesman. Neighbors exists. Not only do they exist, I guess they party. At least once a year anyway. 150 days. Almost half a year. Half a year wondering what in the hell is wrong with this neighborhood, but 150 days, 8 hours and 13 minutes later, I had a party invite in my hand. Will the world continue to survive?

PS: Want to know what's sad? I only know their last name because they have wireless. SECURED wireless BTW, but savvy enough to name their wireless after themselves. Me? I'd name my wireless network "IMGONNASHOOTYOUALLANDMOVEBACKTOKANSAS" but the damn router wouldn't take it.

5 comments:

T said...

I kept telling Todd when he first got here that we had some really nice neighbors. After the first month, I stopped saying it, then after the second month I was joining him in saying how DIFFERENT (and normal?) this place is. I attended a party this summer over there & had a very enjoyable time--they are just busy people, much like you & I!!! Finally, Todd will get to meet them. Wish us luck, ok?!?!?

Oh, and thanks for blacking out the info--I know not everyone is your BFF....and well, I'm just a little paranoid. See Todd's post on the "Bernie sticker".

Anonymous said...

I'd send you a Missouri round rock except you already have a couple.

You didn't say if you were going to the party.

Pablo
http://www.roundrockjournal.com

Anonymous said...

Maybe they were just askeered of you Midwestern folks. Or, since they already knew your wife, maybe it was just you. Have you showered in the last 150 days???

T said...

We went to the party and I have to report, we were the last guests to leave we had such a good time! Met some more folks that live in the area and the neighbors' kids who I liked a lot, and I'm looking forward to seeing them all again. Maybe same time next year.

There is ALWAYS room for more round rocks--there is nothing ROUND about the rocks we have out here!

Anonymous said...

That's the funniest damn thing I have read in a while. The router name too long part I mean.