Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sorry, you apparently didn't behave.

Amazon must be teaming up with eBay and PayPal with their corporate policies. Today, for no good reason (that I agree with anyway), my Amazon seller account was suspended. Why? Well, the form letters are pretty vague, but it appears that a combination of lower sales in the past month, three non positive feedbacks, and four refunds were enough to do it. So let's analyze:

1. One negative feedback for a damaged package, the buyer is irate with me and there was no calming him down. He even called me a crook, multiple times!

2. One neutral feedback: "Everything was good, except the game won't save. And I know it's not my memory card because i can save other games on it." Certainly my fault. I'll talk to Sony.

3. One negative because I accidentally sent the wrong item, and his replacement isn't there yet. Guess he felt it was his job to leave me a negative for making a mistake. Thanks asshole.

4. A refund cause the customer returned the item (without my approval but that's besides the point). This counts against me?

5. One refund cause the customer changed their mind. Her husband bought it elsewhere. Again my fault.

6. One refund cause I miscounted items, WHOOPS! I make mistakes!! It's TRUE!

7. One cause I sold it to a local guy and couldn't remove it quick enough on Amazon and it sold so I had to refund.

All this resulted in:
---------------------

We are writing to let you know that your listings have been suspended and are currently unavailable for sale. The feedback, claims, and/or refunds submitted to your seller account profile indicate that a number of buyers have been dissatisfied with the service you have provided.

Amazon sellers should maintain refund rates and negative feedback rates of less than 5% of orders, as well as A-to-z Guarantee rates of less than 0.5% of orders.

Your seller account will remain accessible to you. Please take steps to resolve your pending sales.

We encourage you to review your processes in order to identify any operational deficiencies that may have contributed to increased negative feedback, guarantee claims or returns submitted by your transaction partners. In order to reinstate your listings, please write to seller-performance@amazon.com and provide a detailed account of the steps you will undertake to bring your performance up to our standards.

We look forward to hearing from you.
---------------------

Blame me to be grumpy?

No comments: