Thursday, January 28, 2010

It hit me today for the first time

I got a 1099 form in the mail for about $32 bucks. This is for the measly piddly ass interest I earned by keeping my money in a bank that uses my savings to invest in their own stuff. A 1099 form so that I can pay the government a third. Why? My statement isn't "why is this fair?", my question is "Why is this legal?". When someone takes something away from you without asking or reason, it's stealing. I already earned the money and paid a fee for doing so, why am I being punished for saving? You.. You with the face. You over there. You got your money and you spent it. On a new car, a smokin' hot TV, a house you couldn't afford, or whatever. Enjoy it? I bet you did. Pay the government anything? NOPE! You spent it.

Here's another. I got a 1099 from the state of Kansas for my TAX REFUND! They treat that as income? I overpay, they keep it interest free, then give it back to me. Anyone see the problem here?? Not to mention that if you file more than 2 years late, it's "THE LAW" that they get to keep it. Crooks.

No comments: