Friday, September 21, 2007

Weird weather

All of a sudden the weather here is reminding me of Kansas.

Don't like it? Wait a minute!

A week or so ago it was in the 90s near every day and it had been hot since the day I got here. The other day about 9PM I opened the door and WTF? It's RAINING? Tracy gets a little excited and tells me to grab the cooler and put it under the eave to catch the water. Sure enough, it filled it half way full (water for the garden, filthy too. All that dirt running off the roof). The next day it's still cloudy and I hear something about chains required at elevations above 7000 feet, that's Lake Tahoe. Already??? We went from 90 to snow in a week? Sheesh. And I guess it's true, while it reached mid 70s yesterday and is already 60 here and it's still mid morning, I've heard of 6" to a foot of snow in the "Sierras". Absolutely weird. The lows every day for the next week are upper 30s, highs in the mid 70s. Great sleeping weather, but doubt we'll be taking the dogs swimming soon.


Last weekend:
Oh look! A Chicken!

Throw the ball, will ya dad?

Drying out:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty pretty puppies! You guys are okay, too, but those dogs are loverly.

Anonymous said...

What's with the mouth gear?

Curt Rogers said...

I just found your blog. Looks like you love Goldens! We're on our third one currently (Duncan) and he's a handful! Your dogs are beautiful and look as dark as Duncan. A lot of people ask, "Is he a Setter?" Drives me nuts!

Thanks for the great photos!