Thursday, August 21, 2008

There are some good customers....

A number of weeks ago, I sold a dish receiver on eBay.... for 99 cents. Yippee. It was a normal transaction, I got paid, I shipped, that was it. Then I got the weird feedback:

"WILL SEND $20 MORE. EMAIL MAILING ADDRESS TO @NETZERO.COM. THANKS"

Huh? Describing what I thought is hard to put in to words, but I just smelled some sort of scam. I mean, the person could contact me in a variety of ways, why through feedback. Curiosity got the better of me, I emailed back asking what was the comment, and the reply was in essence, they expected to pay more, so they'd like to send me more money.

Yeah right!!!

I was very surprised when I did get a check for $20 in the mail a few days later. Thanks Kris, very cool. I guess there are some decent people out there!

No comments: