Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lawsuit coming?

Well, after more than a year, Gr. Moving has laid down the line and given us until the end of the month to pay them an additional $3900. We've bantered back and forth in emails and while never agreeing 100% with our logic, they've backed down from $6100 due to mistakes they made. We finally time-lined it out and put some figures down and without getting nit picky, we feel they owe us $2400. What's so frickin' frustrating about this whole debacle are a number of things:
  1. I made the mistake of thinking that the branch manager was a friend of mine, he has never returned my calls.
  2. I made the mistake of trusting the verbal and handshake contract.
  3. The blame is often laid on me, I said this, wouldn't do that, wanted this, moved more than I said. All lies.
  4. The amount of money we paid already is double the initial estimates, with money paid to Gr. Moving and PODS.
  5. And lastly that this has caused a lot of stress and sleepless nights for the both of us.
Will I move again? You bet! Will I ever hire a moving company? Not likely. I've learned a lot, but the biggest thing I learned was it doesn't cost $30,000 to move.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So weird b/c I saw a van from that line in the apt parking lot just yesterday and was wondering how your battle had turned out. Bastards!