Monday, September 25, 2006

Honesty

Well, our weekend was a bit unremarkable. We got a good dousing of rain late Friday morning into Saturday, and it was all pretty dry by 9 or 10AM, but it seemed to scare away the garage sales. The neighborhood sale to the north had, (whoa), TWO. Yippee. I bought nothing, though T found some stuff. We decided to go to lunch, Mexican at Mi Ranchito off of Metcalf, and man was it tasty. We did hit one sale on the way home and I got a stack of old Disney books, we'll see if eBay loves me.

The rest of the weekend, we both worked on “stuff”, I listed tons of crap on eBay and Amazon, Tracy worked on her web site. I filled orders. Seems like it never ends, and I can’t complain about the sales, it just becomes time consuming shipping all the time, from Friday to today, I shipped about 50 packages. I know, Boo Hoo.


So it was that, eating, TV and some movies. Nothing to write about (uh, wait a darn second…). But I DO have a short feel good story.

Just because of the sheer volume of people I am involved with, I get my share of assholes. Sometimes it amazes me, but it shouldn’t. I think it’s fair to say I’ve had 10,000 transactions, and 1% is 100 and I doubt it’s that many. Repeat stories are:

1. Where is my package? Often only a few days have passed, or maybe not, but I email upon shipping, and some people actually act like I have an ESP thing on where the Postal service has their package.

2. This doesn’t work, what are you going to do about it? Well, it worked here, OR it was untested and listed AS-IS. Most often, people don’t think they should send things back, I should just refund.

Sometimes people can be real gems. One time a guy filed a claim against me because a drive enclosure didn’t have mounting screws in it, something that wasn’t advertised as being included. It didn’t have a banana in it either dude!

Here while on vacation, another guy filed a claim against me cause I didn’t ship “it” fast enough, and despite it being delivered, he let the claim sit until PayPal closed it, 30 days later. He put in the claim log that he thought I should be punished and he get part of his money back because he didn't like my attitude. He had put in the claim he tried repeatedly to call and email me, which was BS, he never called (how would he, he didn’t have my number!) and emailed me once. I told him he was lying, I guess that’s an attitude right?

One of my favorites is on a stereo I sold, tested but listed with some problems, the buyer didn’t like the problems after he got it, and said he should come here and kick my ass. He was from Canada.
BRING IT ON FAT BOY! HA!

So brings me to my little feel-good story. Also while on vacation, I got an email from a guy on a $60 software package I sold. He says it was open, and the security dongle missing, and thus worthless. Damnit! I dunno, I can’t recall for sure if I checked each package, but I’ll side with him. Send it back. I’m thinking maybe he won’t send it back, but he does. That’s often a clue, people bitch and want $$$ back, but in reality they’re pulling a fast one. But he does, and no dongle. I email the software company just to see if he registered it, surprised at a response at all, but they say no, no one matching that name. So I refund, SIGH, whatta I do, ya gotta trust people SOMETIMES! He paid me August 5th, and I refunded a few weeks later. Imagine my surprise when I get an email from him today saying he doesn’t know how, but he found the dongle, and he wants to make it right. He must have taken a little time to search for me, cause he emails me through my Big Daddy pinball page. I respond and he quickly pays again for the item! Nice to know there are honest people out there!

Wow, two pages of nothing but babbling!

Looks like a crate of pinball parts from Arizona is here at the airport for me. What fun. Kinda like Christmas. Going to go get it tomorrow. I'll have pictures.

Now off to bowl. Been doing pretty good lately, haven't hit 170 yet this year, but haven't tanked yet much either.


Here is one of my favorite pictures of Shelly at the pups 1st birthday party:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing that picture with the world. R & I had a good laugh over it this morning. That was one crazy day!!!

Anonymous said...

& I was skinny then!!!!!!