Thursday, August 30, 2007

No wine cellar, so whatta ya do?

Well, we bought this wine rack. Now honestly, whatta ya do in a house that has no cool basement? From the picture, it looks kinda white trash to have it in the hallway (off the kitchen), but it really kinda works well! The garage was off cause of heat, and the laundry room suspect. Tracy didn't want it in the living room, and where else can you put it? Bathroom?
Also reality hit me as I'm unpacking my third huge box of wine & box: I'm a Pack Rat!!! I've still got a full case + 1 of a 1983 McDowell Valley Cab Sav that I first had at Houston's in KC, I wonder if it's any good. I also ran across a nice Turley, some T-Vine and a flurry of other good ones. Probably a lot of BAD ones in there too. (Aside from the obvious of throwing it away, what can you do with old vine? How about making your own balsamic? That would be interesting). Back to being a pack rat, I counted. I've got exactly 100 bottles of wine. ONE HUNDRED! 93 on the shelf, 3 opened and 4 in the fridge. I'm half thinking I've got another box somewhere too, that's scary. And there I am at Trader Joe's today looking new ones over. BAD TODD!
Note to Butch: Your row is to the right of Keystone, we've still not sampled, it's coming.

No comments: