Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Quiet neighborhood

This past weekend was fairly decent out, and T and I had scheduled some outdoor yard activities including weeding, mowing, trimming, and misc cleanup out back. While we do have two nice patches of grass out front, it isn't huge and not half what I had in KC. Regardless, I couldn't believe how many weeds had snuck in there! Weird weeds, not KC style at all, and most everything requires gloves or you'll get poked. Tracy hasn't mowed since before she left to come to get me, so it's been nearly 2 months since anything was done, but you wouldn't have thought it. The mower, lowered one notch, barely bagged half full! Guess I didn't need to bring all this power equipment with me, eh?

Pics of left and right of our front yard:


She's done some wonders with flowers & stuff there too. To the left and right of the entryway:

Notice anything Paul?

And still, another weekend goes by and no (barely any) neighbor activity. I did make a point to climb the hill in the backyard and introduce myself and shoot the shit with "Rod", who of course said "Oh, we were going to come down today and meet ya today". Sure ya were. Seemed nice, gave me some pointers on some yard stuff & got some neighborhood gossip.

Pics of the before and after monkey playground coming soon!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed.