Friday, March 07, 2008

I hate people (a discusson on Amazon & eBay by Toddy)

I dunno where to begin, and I bet I don't end well. I'm just gonna blab about I hate people!

THAT, in a nutshell is it. I guess a better word is customers. I hate customers. Whiny customers. For me, it's mostly about the drama I get from the feedback on my Amazon and eBay sales. I've figured out that it has to do with the amount of personal interaction, from the most hands on to the least.

I've got really four areas of business:
  1. My pinball and arcade game sales. The most hands on, and the most satisfied customers
  2. My web site sales. Often some hand holding and advice, people ordering exactly what they need: the second set of satisfied customers (usual complaints are when I'm at fault for not shipping quick enough)
  3. eBay sales. These people at least understand the feedback system.
  4. Amazon. The worst. They click, they buy. They bitch.

A good percentage of the Amazon idiots just don't get it, and I'm getting tired of it. (eBay has announced changes in their feedback system, and it's just plain wrong in my humble Todd opinion.) I'm here to do ONE thing, fill your order. I mail most things the same day, within 24 hours for sure. Does that matter? Nope! Does it matter that what I sent is what you ordered and you don't like it? Well, I don't actually know how to answer my own question there, but let me just say it doesn't matter, it's still my fault.

On Amazon, negative feedback to me (the seller) is left with no recourse. Don't like the color? Leave me a negative. US Postal system took 2 weeks? Leave me a neg. (oh, don't look at the postage date where I mailed it the same day). Buddies at the same USPS smushed it? That's my fault. Don't like the software cause it SUCKS? Again, Todd's fault. OR! OR! This one is best! You're a grumpy old bitch that just didn't have a good day, how about leaving Todd a good old 3 out of 5 with the comment "it wuz ok".

THANKS GRUMPY OLD BITCH! You're a PEACH!

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I know. I know. So where is this going? Well I'll tell ya. See, eBay has, in their infinite corporate wisdom, decided that the seller shouldn't be able to leave a negative or even a NEUTRAL rating to the buyer ***AT ALL***!!! Only positive. Only "A++++ THEY PAID ON TIME", not anything like "Buyer took a week to pay and complained about blah or blah" or even yet "Buyer never paid for the item". NOPE! eBay's rationale was that they noticed when a seller got a negative, the buyer in turn got one too!!

Well no fucking shit eBay!!

Buyers aren't perfect, far from it. There are those that don't pay, there are those that take a week to pay, there are those that provide wrong addresses, complain about things clearly disclosed in the auction, insist on different payment methods, different shipment methods, expect 7 minute turnaround and Priority shipping times when not paying for it, and simply being a pain in the ass. The PC program won't work on an Apple. The screws not included are not included. The stereo with a non working left channel only works on the right. On and ON!!! At least on eBay, the way it used to be, you had a reason not to give the seller a negative; you might get one back! If it was that big of a deal, you did it anyway and risked it. On Amazon, people leave for me them willy-nilly, there is no recourse. Take a look at these gems:

"CD had a few small scratches - was advertised as like new - seller did not respond to e-mail - diappointing transaction" First off, I didn't get an email. Second, Uh, was there actually a problem with the CD? It really was like new.

"hey u gave some thing that does not work when i put it in to my os2 it dont work it wont load and u gave me a ps1 game shark i didnt want that u need to send my the rest of my stuff or send me 15 dollars for rippin me off if not im goin to report this" This one was tough, I have no idea what he means, I emailed twice and never got a response. Report to who? The Royal Canadian Mounted Police?

"i try to put it in 2 computers hp ,and dell and the cd to install the drivers wont run got stuck i try every method and its useless thats what i get to buy used things" Yeah, well, I pulled that off a working machine Bozo. Try reading the manual.

"This doesn't work!" That's it, no email, no response to mine.

"i'm honest and serios customer i don't nedd your 7 dollars please take alittle respect with customers i have an excellent reputation as customer and you only send one cd to avoid this problem review before send and asume your mistakes i hate somebody doubts from me" Go ahead. Say "Huh?"

"I didn´t receive the CD cover !!!" No Kidding!?!?!? That's why it was listed as: Comments: CD only in the case, no inserts.

"These games are awful, don't buy, no problem with Seller though." Personally my favorite negative.

Here's the problem. Amazon allows for these negative feedbacks, and I just have to accept them. Amazon collects the money, so payment is not a problem, and these people are free to buy from whoever they want! At least on eBay, as it is now, they buyer can be blocked if they have negative feedback within the past months, and it certainly hurts them if they try to sell. With the upcoming eBay changes, a buyer can harass the seller for positive feedback, and if he doesn't give one? He's free to leave a negative to the seller... Just... like... that! The sellers only protection is to blow smoke up the buyers butt: "Oh you paid so quickly!"..... "You're the BEST customer kissy kissy"..... "Gosh DANG I hope you love the used butt plug... come back for more PLEASE!!!". It sucks I tell ya.

The customer is not always right!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it. I could not handle such idiotic people. I love to hear your stories though.

Anonymous said...

If I was your customer, would I be right?