Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A fuzzy ducky story

See??

OK, so Saturday I was helping my buddy Mitch pick up some pinball games, and as it went, he needed to go get lunch for his wife, which left me alone with said wife, dogs and their not quite yet 3 years old daughter. Noa is a peach, smartest kid I've met in a long time, and I gotta love her cause from early on, she's known my name, my dogs, Tracy and for some reason, actually seems to like me. I wish I had pictures of her standing amoung the towering pooches, trying to actually pet their heads while all along giggling and trying to say "Keeestoonnnnee".

So there we are, sitting on the couch waiting, and Noa is playing Bobbleheads. I'm not exactly sure what this means, but it involves uh.... Bobbleheads! They're all laid out on a mat, and just there, and I guess you play with them. Wanting to interact, I pick one up and wiggle it about. Noa at first gives me this look, like WOMEN do. "What are you doing with my bobblehead?" she's saying with her eyes, distrust spears firing away. But as I'm shaking it, she seems to quickly gain interest, and comes over and sits down in front of me. And the following conversation is why I can't have kids:

Me: "What's this guy's name?"
Noa: "That's (something I can't remember)!!"
Me, bobbling: "And do you know why it's head is shaking like that?"
Noa: "Cause it's a BOBBLE head!"
Me: "No, cause he's been smoking crack!"

To which Dawn immeditely picked up her kid and left the room and called the cops. Not really. Sorry Dawn, but I had a good laugh, and really hope I didn't ruin your child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought that you'd have made an excellent father.

Anonymous said...

ROFL!

You can use that on my kid any day.